Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2021-04-12 13:28:09

Proxy1
Administrator

Re: Change Yahoo Search Default Country

Go to Epic/preferences/ extensions/and click on the Web store, install the Epic Proxy VPN. You can pick the country of your choice after installation.

#2 2021-04-13 13:07:09

Proxy1
Administrator

I think you are in the wrong setting under the Preferences.
You need to click on Preferences/"Extensions"/Web Store/ Encrypted Proxy VPN Service..
After installing the latter a small red icon should show up. When you click on that there should be a list of 8 locations. Select the location of your choice.
Good luck and repost if you need additional help.

Addendum: If you go to settings/advanced /language there is a setting to offer to translate.

#3 2021-04-14 01:05:44

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Hi, Yahoo Search is the only site that bypasses our proxy as per their requirements so that's why even using the proxy, you're seeing German results, sorry about that. 

To get mostly English results in Yahoo search, please change the Yahoo settings.  At the bottom of the Yahoo search page, click on "Einstellugen" then click on "Sprachen" then select "Englisch" then click "Speichern".  That sets your language results to English and you should start seeing mostly English results.  I say mostly as when I tested it, many results were still oddly in German?!  But hopefully it's a lot better/more usable.

Board footer