Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#26 2021-03-07 13:47:36

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: installing extensions/plugins

Try this if extensions still don't install.  Disable any VPN you have running and Epic's encrypted proxy, then try installing the extension.  This worked for some users.

#27 2021-03-12 01:49:42

Proxy1
Administrator

Tom99
Try this, on MacOS this worked quite well.

crane wrote:

I ran into this issue also on the windows version, mac seems to work though. I found that the option Settings>Downloads>Ask where to save each file before downloading is preventing the extension installer popup. So you may have to temporary allow downloads without permission to allow the extension to install. This is how I was able to get the extension to install.

Please post your results as this question keeps coming up.
Thanks

#28 2021-03-15 21:44:51

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Actually I think this is the issue.  I tested it and it both created the issue then solved the issue for me.  If you have Downloads set to "Ask me where to save" in Epic's Preferences/Settings, for some reason extensions won't install.  Please uncheck that, then install the extensions, then you can re-check that setting. 

I'm not sure why the extensions don't install when "Ask me where to download files to" is checked, but that seems to be interfering with extension installation.

You may also need to disable a VPN or Proxy -- but so far, the encrypted proxy did not interfere with installing extensions in our testing, only that download location setting did.

#29 2021-04-20 05:18:29

alok_epicteam
Administrator

BeeBeats solution above works for us too :-).  As noted, this seems to happen when in the settings you've chose a folder for downloads to be saved to...we're not sure why.  Please change the settings to allow Epic to save Downloads to the usual place then try again and it should install.  Then you can revert the settings back to save downloads in the location of your choice.

Board footer