Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2021-07-17 17:58:13

tuxbuddy

Epic Browser not clearing on close

When I close and reopen Epic Browser today, the number of trackers blocked that shows at the bottom of the screen does not reset to zero. Not sure if the problem is only with the counter or a real problem with actually clearing the trackers. I've twice tried resetting the Epic Browser, and no change.

#2 2021-07-17 20:40:19

Proxy1
Administrator

Re: Epic Browser not clearing on close

tuxbuddy
I noticed the same thing and have notified Alok & company.

Good observation, thanks!

#3 2021-07-18 13:22:35

tuxbuddy

Proxy1 wrote:

tuxbuddy
I noticed the same thing and have notified Alok & company.

Good observation, thanks!

Many thanks! I'll stay tuned.

#4 2021-07-18 23:02:10

Proxy1
Administrator

tuxbuddy

If you like to experiment, tinker etc., disable the Epic AdBlocker or experiment with the settings as that is where the counter setting is located.  Deleting and reinstalling the Adblocker did work (remove the Trackers Blocked counter) but I don't  know why. Just make sure you save your settings, bookmarks, passwords etc.

I'm sure the talented Epic users will figure it out and repost it here.

Good Luck!

#5 2021-07-19 16:24:25

tuxbuddy

Proxy1 wrote:

tuxbuddy

If you like to experiment, tinker etc., disable the Epic AdBlocker or experiment with the settings as that is where the counter setting is located.  Deleting and reinstalling the Adblocker did work (remove the Trackers Blocked counter) but I don't  know why. Just make sure you save your settings, bookmarks, passwords etc.

I'm sure the talented Epic users will figure it out and repost it here.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the suggestion. I did notice that when I close and reopen the browser the counter will sometimes go back to zero, but then when I open another tab the cumulative number comes back. The number is getting larger than anything I'd normally allow. Hopefully it's just a glitch with the counter.

#6 2021-07-19 17:24:29

Proxy1
Administrator

It  is related to the Adblock/Ublock settings which are complex. It's probably really simple just annoying so far.

I find that disabling the Adblock in Extensions and quitting Epic takes it to zero. But sometimes restarting gives a disproportionate initial number.
You are right about the number.
Thanks!

#7 2021-09-05 03:17:46

VoidFragment

I have the exact same problem. But disabling Epic Adblock in Extensions only temporarily sets the 'trackers blocked' counter to zero. After Epic Adblock is re-enabled, the 'trackers blocked' counter returns to the previously displayed value, which is now well into the thousands. Using the 'Reset Epic' option in the settings menu has no effect, either.

So, can anyone else suggest a more reliable method of manually resetting that counter or better yet, completely disabling it? Because I find it to be increasingly annoying.

Last edited by VoidFragment (2021-09-05 03:22:07)

#8 2021-09-05 12:13:35

Proxy1
Administrator

Go to extensions, shut off the adblocker, click on remove, then quit Epic. When you reopen Epic it will be zero. If you wish to enable click on the Umbrella button/install button. I also found it annoying, using MacOS.

Note: sometimes Epic must be quit twice for the "install" to show on the umbrella button.

Good luck!

#9 2021-09-06 23:08:15

Proxy1
Administrator

I agree, thanks for your input and response. It will be forwarded.

Board footer