Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2021-09-08 16:33:04

bobby

Adblock

Hello,

Please let me know if you have created the adblock plugin yourself? Also, till a few weeks\months ago, the browser home page used to explain the changes you made to sustain your revenue stream (yahoo search etc.) I can't find that page anymore. Kindly guide me to the same as I want to understand the changes you made in terms of separating ad blocking (any any other features) from your core browser capabilities and moving them to plugins and why.

Thank you
Bobby

#2 2021-09-08 17:54:50

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Adblock

It's uBlock.  We modified the UI so it fits into Epic and added some extra block lists. 

We've always had some core privacy protections as part of the plugin/extension infrastructure just because that's easier to maintain vs. keeping all changes in the core (harder to maintain).

#3 2021-09-09 07:10:14

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Adblock

Due to their contractual policies, ads on Yahoo sites are allowed. 
Via the umbrella button at the bottom, you can toggle javascript settings for any site.

Board footer