Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2022-03-11 23:37:14

Vincont

How to turn off suggestions

https://imgur.com/a/zsWPzNE

Turned off the autofill, still seeing suggestions to websites when I start typing an address.  Any way to disable this?

Browser seems to be lacking working and/or customizable settings.  I want to be mistaken about this but not getting enough feedback.

#2 2022-03-12 01:23:03

Proxy1
Administrator

Re: How to turn off suggestions

All the settings are there, it's sometimes complex.

Under Preferences/Privacy and Security/Clear Browsing Data /Advanced, check all the appropriate boxes. Then quit Epic and restart. Repost if these don't work.

#3 2022-03-12 14:41:54

Proxy1
Administrator

What is your OS/Version?
You might go into Preferences/Advanced and reset EPIC and see if that resolves the problem. I haven't experienced this so it might be challenging.

#4 2022-03-14 13:06:36

Proxy1
Administrator

I referred your complaint to Alok. I suspect it has something to do with a Windows setting but I'm not sure.

#5 2022-03-22 11:16:09

alok_epicteam
Administrator

The auto-complete / autofill can't be easily disabled.  It's built into Epic and uses a hard-coded list of sites rather than your browsing history to protect your privacy. 

Some users have disabled it by manually deleting the database that is used...which isn't too hard to find, but does require some effort.

Board footer