Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2023-10-12 23:54:03

Stuart1717

Unable to open Epic Browser

Hello. This is my first post on this site. I am a big fan of your browser. I have been using it for many years and would highly recommend your browser to anyone and everyone as this is my go to browser always.

However, the last few days, I have been unable to open your browser as it does not do anything when I open it. I have tried reinstalling the browser. I have restarted my computer.

Can you help? your browser is better than any other browser that I have ever used.

Thanks.

#2 2023-10-15 13:05:19

Re: Unable to open Epic Browser

I have the same problem. I'm using the latest version of Epic on a MacBook Air M1 2020 running MacOS Sonoma (14.0). When I try to open Epic, it closes by itself.

#3 2024-06-28 07:03:44

naialor

same problem here... any solution?

#4 2024-07-07 02:31:50

alok_epicteam
Administrator

For Mac users, be careful on updating if you're using an old version of OSX.  Sometimes new versions of Chromium don't support older OSX versions. 

Windows automatically updates and they should work on most versions of Windows.

Not sure why Epic would ever stop working.  You can try "Reset Epic" or uninstalling / reinstalling Epic.  Be sure to back up bookmarks & passwords first.  Here are some instructions. 

[optional] Backup Passwords & Bookmarks.  Open a window navigator, then type %localappdata% and press return. Then open the “Epic Privacy Browser” folder, then open the “User Data” folder, then open the “Default” folder.  Then copy the files (not the folders) in the “Default” folder — particularly “Bookmarks” “Bookmarks.bak” “Login Data” “Login Data.journal” “TransportSecurity” “Preferences” and any other files there.  Copy those files into some safe folder on your system!!

[1] Uninstall Epic. At the bottom of the Epic menu there’s an “Uninstall” option (or you can use the Windows uninstall method).
[2] Delete Epic Folders. After you uninstall Epic, to be even more safe, please delete the “Epic Privacy Browser” folder in case it’s still there — to do this, open a window navigator, then type %localappdata% and press return. Then delete the “Epic Privacy Browser” folder if it is there. Then check if you have an additional folder named “Epic”, if so, then open it and see if you have these folders: crash reports folder and update folder. If you do, please delete both folders. [Note: the chromium uninstall process is surprisingly not very thorough (not sure why), but we’ve cleaned it up considerably with the latest Epic.]. Windows users can also delete any registry entries Epic may have made. 
[3] Download and Install Latest Epic. Download the latest epic from epicbrowser.com and install it.

[optional]  Import Bookmarks and Passwords Files.  Open a window navigator, then type %localappdata% and press return. Then open the “Epic Privacy Browser” folder, then open the “User Data” folder, then open the “Default” folder.  Then copy the files (not the folders) you had previously copied/backed up into the “Default” folder

Board footer