Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2022-06-06 16:29:09

YouTube ads aren't blocked

YouTube ads used to be blocked in EPIC (maybe a year ago?) but now they aren't blocked.  How do I check to make sure I have my settings correct to block these ads?

thanks.

#2 2022-06-06 22:19:24

Proxy1
Administrator

Re: YouTube ads aren't blocked

What operating system and is it a new version? It might depend on your adblocker settings which can be complex at times.

#3 2022-06-07 20:41:07

Windows 10
Version 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (32-bit)

#4 2022-06-07 23:33:36

Proxy1
Administrator

Try this, from a forum participant. I have  done the same type of procedure but had just forgotten it.
SalvatoreStrosin
IP address logged
Thank you @Proxy1 for your help. But I searched online and came across this article https://silicophilic.com/err_connection_timed_out/. The methods which I followed in this article, first I renewed the DNS cache, then adjusted the LAN settings. After doing these methods the problem got solved. Now I have no longer any issues while opening the unopened website.
I also know an update is coming for Windows  Version 91.0.4472.124.

#5 2022-08-07 21:43:37

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Another quick check is to the Epic Extensions page, make sure adblock is enabled...you can also go to the adblock lists page to make sure most block lists are selected, active and udpated.

#6 2024-01-04 08:39:56

lenochris

Everyone is worried about YouTube ads. And the solutions are very simple. Buy it on YouTube Premium. And enjoy to the fullest. Now I will talk about fashion and suggest you to use this Kendall Hurns Mcdonalds Letterman Jacket in this winter season.

#7 2024-01-21 23:53:08

ferdowsi

For a while now, Epic hasn't been working correctly on my device when it comes to blocking ads on YouTube.

On all other platforms, ads are blocked perfectly fine. On YouTube however, they start playing in the beginning of videos. If I refresh the page, they don't play. They never play within or after videos either. Only when a new video starts, but that is very annoying already.

I know YouTube has been trying to outplay ad-blockers, so I can imagine Epic's ad blocking has not caught up with the recent developments.

Is it a problem of only my system, is it a general problem that will be fixed soon, or should I install an additional ad-blocker, that handles YouTube adds correctly?

#8 2024-06-16 03:54:19

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Sorry about that, we do regularly update the ad blocker as sites like YouTube do keep trying to evade ad blockers.  Hopefully it's fixed by now.

Board footer