Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-10-24 05:00:20

puglover

Possible to delete certain suggested websites

One of the biggest problems that I had with Chrome (apart from my privacy concerns) was the aggressive website URL suggestions. Is it possible to delete certain websites from the suggestions list from epic? It would be greatly helpful..

It's very irritating trying to go to a website that i visit a lot and have another website that I would never visit pop up as a hard suggestion every time.. I understand that you gain funds from suggested website viewing but just to be able to delete some would be excellent. Or at least have the local list (stored on my computer) of suggested websites take precedence.. Or to be able to add some websites to a local file (ie. not like google which sends the request back to its servers) or similar...

#2 2013-10-24 07:44:39

sai

Re: Possible to delete certain suggested websites

Hi Puglover,

You can suggest some of the websites that  you want to add to our database (which will be there locally in your Epic browser database). All suggestions that are coming in Epic browser are from local Epic database on your computer

#3 2013-10-25 07:10:09

alok
Administrator

Let us know the sites you want deleted and added.  We can consider deleting sites that aren't often visited. 

We don't gain any funds from suggesting websites in the address bar.  We have a local database of the top websites used all over the world which we use to auto-complete urls as you type -- it's a private way to still have the convenience of typing f and getting facebook.com filled in without us ever saving your history, etc.

#4 2013-10-25 14:29:20

puglover

OK is it possible for our local file of suggested URL's to autoupdate from our own common typed URL's? There are several annoying URL's that autotype in, one being abcnews.go.com. Though rather than delete selected URL's that I might not find useful but someone else might find useful.. It might be better if our own file of URL's was updated on our local machine. Seems to make sense to me.

Also whilst i'm here on OSX 10.9 I have Epic (as chrome/chromium does) pick up typing errors. Is it possible to be able to 'control' click on the highlighted typo and have the suggested words prefill instead when selected from the dropdown list? It's a handy feature in Chrome et al. Much easier than deleting and typing again to fix it. It's also handy to have the option of 'add to dictionary' which adds to the chrome dictionary.. The other handy feature on macs is having a 'look up in dictionary' from the same 'control' drop down list where it looks up the highlighted word on the Mac OSX dictionary. Sorry for the other suggestions in this answer... Just whilst i'm here.

Board footer