Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2018-11-23 05:56:13

WebRTC & other questions

Would like to start off by saying I love epic browser and you guys are awesome. I understand from my minimal reading of your posted information that a default disable of WebRTC should be in effect. I always use whoer.net/#extended for all basic security inquiries of each browser I use because I find it feature rich and effective; it has always displayed WebRTC as being enabled. You guys are obviously well aware of the security risks of webrtc so I am curious as to why it is shown enabled and how to disable it.

My second question is that the main reason why I don't have epic browser as my default browser despite how often I use it is that when I open various links, be it from my iMessages app, email, etc. always produce an error in bringing it up in Epic. That's the #1 reason why I don't have Epic as my default and the second but less important reason is that I don't seem to have an option to add or alter the default search engine settings in Epic. If this is solely because of monetary reasons, that's OK because you guys offer some premium freeware and I can always use my bookmarks toolbar despite the slight inconvenience.

Macbook pro 10.13.6 high sierra

p.s. Epic is still epic

#2 2019-09-08 04:41:52

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: WebRTC & other questions

Thanks so much for your support.  Fantastic that Epic is working well for you!

Epic only disables those webrtc calls which may leak your real IP.  It otherwise allows webrtc.  So generally webrtc should work fine in Epic.

I thought we had fixed that external link error in Macs.  It will then be fixed in our next major update in a few months.  Sorry about that.  We definitely will fix it.

Board footer