Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-09-16 05:25:49

alok
Administrator

AntiVirus Flags - Please send us screenshots & details!!

Hi, we know Baidu and Kaspersky sometimes mis-identify Epic as a threat (their heuristics we believe thinks Epic is a modified version of Chrome because we're both built on Chromium).  We've reached out to both companies to rectify this. 

Any other anti-virus issues?  Please post here the details and screenshots if you can of any antivirus that's flagging Epic.  We can then reach out to the vendors to correct the problems.  You can also email me directly - alok at hiddenreflex dot com   

Thanks so much!!

#2 2013-11-04 16:50:55

James

Re: AntiVirus Flags - Please send us screenshots & details!!

I'm having a very similar issue with Bitdefender antivirus flagging it as a security threat as well.

#3 2013-11-21 03:49:59

squeakz

Re: AntiVirus Flags - Please send us screenshots & details!!

I use Kapersky at work and AVG at home. Kapersky would not allow the installer to be run. It starts up for about a second and then immediately shuts down. At home I started the .exe file, and nothing at all happened. When I disabled AVG, the .exe starts as expected with no issues.

The problem is that at work I don't know how to disable Kapersky, and even if I did or could, I'd probably get in trouble from an overzealous IT staff.

Board footer