Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-11-20 16:38:41

johnscigar

Epic reinstalling itself

I tried Epic about a month ago and decided to uninstall it. Then, yesterday, it installed itself.

I deleted it through Programs & features. It reinstalled itself again.

I deleted it again and deleted the original downloaded install file. It is still installing itself automatically.

Now I feel very uncomfortable with this program and want it off my system. How is it reinstalling automatically?

#2 2013-11-21 03:43:40

squeakz

Re: Epic reinstalling itself

Perhaps you have the tab open in another browser which downloads the installer and runs it? Everytime you close that other browser and restart, it would reload that tab and re-download the program. Just a guess.

#3 2013-11-21 04:58:34

johnscigar

Re: Epic reinstalling itself

While viewing the Start Up Items menu, I found an Epic updater file located in the Users/Local Data folder. When I deleted it, the auto installs stopped (so far).  But I still don't understand why they would start a month after I uninstalled it. Also, uninstall obviously leaves some working files running. So, the problem seems to be solved but the mystery remains.

Board footer