Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-09-22 16:56:50

ed1ross

Import HTML files

I am using Windows 7, and I have decided to try out the Epic Browser. First bug I came across is the Bookmark import of HTML files, which is not responding once I select the HTML file which I want to import. The bookmarks simply do not appear, no matter how many times I import them.

I think this is the first step anyone would want to go through when changing to a new browser is to import previous bookmarks.

I hope you can fix it.

Best regards
ed1ross

#2 2013-09-22 22:28:20

alok
Administrator

Re: Import HTML files

Hi Ed,
Thanks for the feedback & reporting the bug. 

Can you provide a bit more detail on what's failing?  Which browser you're importing from - the html files are saved as bookmarks in another browser?

#3 2013-11-25 17:57:50

analogcd

Re: Import HTML files

I too have experienced inconsistent importing from Firefox ver 25.0.1, on Win 7 32-bit. Initial import from Settings page failed completely. I then opened Bookmarks Manager and attempted manual import of HTML file. First one was on my Desktop named Bookmarks_Nov2k13.html. This did not work at all. Next one located in My Documents was bookmarks.html. It too did not load. I then tried same directory with name FFBookmarks.html. This worked correctly. I then deleted all bookmarks and tried same location with file name of FFBM.html. It did not work. Lastly I tried bookmarks.html, again in My Documents, and this did not work. I finally took one last stab for testing purposes to confirm that FFBookmarks.html worked a second time. All imports were done in the same session, i.e., the browser was not shut down and restarted during the process. User Account Control is disabled and I am running as an Administrator, (not elevated administrator rights; just an Administrator). This is all I can contribute at this time. Respectfully analogcd.

Board footer