Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-09-09 19:09:48

dequire

E.T.A. For Linux Support?

Hello. I saw on the homepage that other platforms were coming soon. Can you give an ETA on when we can expect a Debian / Ubuntu Linux version? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

- James Cain
bluemintlinux.com

#2 2013-09-10 15:25:09

alok
Administrator

Re: E.T.A. For Linux Support?

We love, love linux!!  We hope to get a linux version out very soon -- probably within the next few months!  Please join our mailing list & we'll notify you the moment it's out.

#3 2013-09-11 22:40:10

thedarer

alok wrote:

We love, love linux!!  We hope to get a linux version out very soon -- probably within the next few months!  Please join our mailing list & we'll notify you the moment it's out.

I can't seem to be able add myself to the mailinglist. It won't allow me to finish entering the email address. Tried both Chrome and Firefox . sad

#4 2013-09-12 03:18:50

alok
Administrator

Sorry about that...we'll fix it -- if you email me I'll add you manually -- alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#5 2014-03-03 00:24:57

marcb

Alok,
You posted about a half year ago, that the Linux version will appear soon.
I tried the 1.0 version with wine; that works but crashes very often. The newer versions won't install under wine.
Please, please make a Linux version as well !!

#6 2014-03-05 09:00:43

alok
Administrator

Great you got it to work with wine -- so sorry that it keeps crashing!!!!   We hope to have a portable version soon that may be more stable in WINE (even doing a portable version is a bit challenging in chromium hence the delay...)

I promise you I/we really love Linux.  We're just a small team so haven't been able to make a Linux version yet -- thanks so much for the requests, we're excited to support Linux soon too.

Right now in terms of an ETA -- the next builds to come out will be for Android and iOS.  Linux will be next...so it will likely still be a few months away.  :-(  sorry for the delay (nothing in chromium is easy!!)

#7 2014-04-25 22:54:36

planner

alok wrote:

Linux will be next...so it will likely still be a few months away

I'm sure the Linux port is still on track, but what is the most conservative ETA you can give?

Board footer