Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-03-25 11:32:25

EpicFailure

Intruder Installer

So I click install and it chooses where the hell it wants to install? What, are we back to the 80's when people were too stupid in the subject to have the authority over their own computers? Wasn't putting the users first for a change one of the central ideas of this community?
I have a partitioned disk, and I don't want any crap - yes, any software I'm testing is crap unless hard proven otherwise - in the C: drive! Am I a big freak of nature for having such thing as a partitioned disk?! Do I need to start a campaign to think of minorities like me?! Ffs, its common practice! Also, even if partitioning a disk is sin in India or something, it should at least give me the power to choose the directory I want it to be. It doesn't even tell me its going to rob me of 300mb+ somewhere that is none of my business!

And please, don't you sensor my topic if you do not like the tone. It's the most caring one possible for me: its been clean up to include no profanities. The fact that nothing works as it should now-a-days is driving me nuts.

#2 2014-03-27 16:24:44

alok
Administrator

Re: Intruder Installer

Thanks for the suggestion, we hope to offer options soon and we also don't know why chromium chose appdata instead of program files for windows installs...as of now we're using the chromium defaults though. 

You can move the Epic folder from your local appdata folder to any drive you like, BUT autocomplete won't work and updates may/may not work, there may be some other small issues, but Epic will mostly work fine in our testing at least.

Board footer