Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2014-12-12 17:12:13

adambot

Netflix broken

Greetings, since i updated my browser to 39.0.2171.71 (290621) i now get the following message from netflix:

Whoops, something went wrong...

Netflix Video Player Unavailable

Our apologies - we cannot find the right components to play Netflix on your Chromebook.

Please ensure you are not in a Guest Session or in an Incognito tab.

Also, in chrome://plugins please ensure that both the "Netflix" and the "Widevine Content Decryption Module" plug-ins are enabled and their "Always allowed" setting is checked.

If this problem persists, please clear all Netflix cookies and site data by navigating to chrome://settings/cookies, typing "netflix" in the search box and clicking "Remove all".

If all else fails, please update your Chromebook from the "About Chrome OS" menu.
Error Code: M7355-1203

#2 2014-12-13 07:34:31

sathi
Administrator

Re: Netflix broken

Hi adambot,

Sorry for inconvenience, Working fine for us. May be your Epic Ad filter not updated.
this is happening due to one of the Epic's Ad filter. Visit netflix and click on umbrella button , set "no" to "Block Ads & Trackers."   and reload the netflix page again.

Please let us know, if this worked for you or not.

#3 2014-12-19 21:21:03

chdoog

Doing as you suggested, did not work for me.  Still getting the same error message as adambot.

#4 2014-12-20 04:56:18

sathi
Administrator

Hi chdoog,

Sorry for inconvenience, this might happen due to adblock filters. Can you open the following link and click on update now then visit netflix. Let me know if this helped or not. 

chrome-extension://ojmkmloghldahkpgloknaapbpembjija/options.html

#5 2015-01-02 17:46:27

adambot

I went to the chrome extension and clicked update now as requested and still get the error message.

what fixed it for me was uninstalling (making sure to check delete all data), downloading the newest version, and re-installing

Thanks!

#6 2015-06-26 16:55:13

b.bjorgen

Although I'm not using a Chromebook and I have set adblocker to NO for netflix I also get the error M7355-1203 and the message: Whoops, something went wrong...
Netflix Video Player Unavailable
We're having trouble playing Netflix on your browser. Please make sure you are on an official version of Chrome.

I've checked plugin and there are none for Netflix or Wildvine.   how do I get these installed?

Board footer