Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2015-01-15 05:51:46

taleblou

Epic proxy leaks ip and is not secure.

I tried and tested the proxy that epic uses and then checked via cloakfish to see how secure it is and cloakfish showed that my ip and location is leaked. So this is a privacy and security concern that needs to be addressed. otherwise what good is the proxy if it does not hide the real ip or leaks it?

#2 2015-01-15 07:13:16

sathi
Administrator

Re: Epic proxy leaks ip and is not secure.

Hi taleblou,

Great question. Flash leaking your real IP address, can you disable your plugins/flash and try.

#3 2015-01-15 18:42:13

taleblou

sathi wrote:

Hi taleblou,

Great question. Flash leaking your real IP address, can you disable your plugins/flash and try.

well I need adobe flash player on my pc to play online videos. By the way vpns do not leak even if it is flash issue. I only noticed this leak via epic proxy and zenmate for chrome and firefox, that leak.

By the way how do I disable it for just the test?

#4 2015-01-15 18:43:42

taleblou

by the way where on epic I can disable flash? Where to go to do this for the test?

#5 2015-01-15 18:47:06

taleblou

you are right. I went to setting and put plugins option to click on play and no more leaking. Thanks.

#6 2015-03-16 23:29:30

maia

it still leaks less than using proxies plus firefox. I haven't tried xombrero on it but how many hours do i have to load a webpage? (not knocking xombrero, anyone that tries is a good guy in my opinion)

#7 2015-04-05 18:21:02

xlambox

Hi comrades,
"One-Click Encrypted Proxy" button is disappeared  from search bar, how to repair that issue?
By the way, some adverts "goes to my screen" despite all defences. There was no adverts at first entrance through Epic. But now, after continuous serfing advert is appeared. What to do?
Regards,
Xlam

#8 2015-04-06 02:17:17

sathi
Administrator

Hi xlambox,

Thanks for the post. Sorry for inconvenience. Did you try restarting Epic?? Restring Epic might help some times.  Go to settings -> Net work ->disable Epic proxy. Try to disable and enable. Let me if this worked for you or not.

Board footer