Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2017-04-17 01:13:44

inheral

Epic Will Not Close

Epic used to be great but now will not close when i press X on the top right corner. It just greys out and won't close so i have to force close it with task manager. This browser has many bugs and is not functioning properly.

#2 2017-04-28 03:28:27

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Epic Will Not Close

Sorry, we think something in a Windows 10 update has screwed up Epic at close...we're not sure what.  An update is coming out in a few weeks in late May which should solve this.  Sorry about the annoyance in the meantime, thanks as always for your support!

#3 2017-05-07 08:19:43

This simple trick helped me and I have done this on Epic Browser and Comodo Drogon (Chrome Browser)

Menu, Settings, Show Advanced Settings, System
-->Disable "Use hardware acceleration"

More Help can be found here:
http://www.stcleaner.com/blog/2016/03/2 … indows-10/

#4 2017-05-14 10:19:40

id1crypt

Alexander_Noitahl wrote:

This simple trick helped me and I have done this on Epic Browser and Comodo Drogon (Chrome Browser)

Menu, Settings, Show Advanced Settings, System
-->Disable "Use hardware acceleration"

More Help can be found here:
http://www.stcleaner.com/blog/2016/03/2 … indows-10/

It works!
Now it is possible to exit Epic Browser correctly with several open tabs and it is possible to save passwords.
Thank you very much!

#5 2017-05-21 19:59:03

inheral

Disabling hardware acceleration worked. Thank You.

#6 2017-05-25 03:51:14

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Yes, we were finally able to reproduce this issue on a Win10 machine (still doesn't happen on most Win10 machines) and disabling hardware acceleration at the bottom of the settings page worked.

Brilliant find Alexander!!!  Great work!

Board footer