Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2018-12-29 08:49:19

SuperShades

Downloaded newest version +5 times and each time can't open dmg file (being approved)

Hello, I have a MacAir and each time I try to open the dowloaded file I get the message; “epic_71.0.3578.981.dmg” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash."
I reset my current epic to defaults, I disabled all my security settings and no luck. Any advise? Also I enjoy your browser. I owe you another donations soon.
I am on the East Coast USA.

#2 2019-01-11 09:08:22

shiladkumar.d
Administrator

Re: Downloaded newest version +5 times and each time can't open dmg file (being approved)

Hi,

Apologize for the inconvenience, these are the alternative steps you can follow to get the epic going.
1. Download the "OS X zip" file from the link: https://epicbrowser.com/thank_you.php
2. Extract the content of Epic.zip, once you extract it, you will get epic.app
3. Replace the old epic.app at the Applications folder with the new one.

Thanks
Shilad

#3 2019-09-08 04:54:39

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Downloaded newest version +5 times and each time can't open dmg file (being approved)

It may also be that you're running an older version of OSX.  Due to Chromium not supporting older versions of OSX, Epic may not work on your system if it's running one of those older OSX versions.

#4 2020-01-07 08:40:58

macchristmas

I have macOS Catalina, and I want to download epic browser on my mac from iTunes mac store, but I can't download, I got an error code "iTunes Error code 4013"  and now after few update https://appletechnicalsupportnumbers.co … rror-4013/  epic browser working properly on my macOS,

#5 2020-01-30 00:57:42

iugradmark

shiladkumar.d wrote:

Hi,

Apologize for the inconvenience, these are the alternative steps you can follow to get the epic going.
1. Download the "OS X zip" file from the link: https://epicbrowser.com/thank_you.php
2. Extract the content of Epic.zip, once you extract it, you will get epic.app
3. Replace the old epic.app at the Applications folder with the new one.

Thanks
Shilad

I tried this solution and did not work for me. I am getting the application is damaged. Running Catalina latest updates.

#6 2020-01-30 02:16:20

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Sorry about that.  There's a bug that's causing that error in some versions of OSX in our latest update...we're fixing it and should a fixed update released tomorrow.

#7 2020-01-31 00:23:05

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Will do.  We'll post when the new version is live here.  We almost have it fixed.

#8 2020-01-31 18:07:25

cimau

alok_epicteam wrote:

Will do.  We'll post when the new version is live here.  We almost have it fixed.

On my iMac, now Epic 79.0.3945.130 crash at launch!
I tried download .zip and .dmg
Please help me!

#9 2020-01-31 21:04:35

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Sorry about that!!  The fixed update 79.0.3946.130 should work. You can download it now or at our website.  It is also now released as an update, so if you the older version of Epic, you'll get a notification to update Epic.

#10 2020-02-03 06:27:18

Chan

Sounds nice in theory, but the file is frequently pausing as it's trying to download at mere kilobytes/second.

#11 2020-02-03 09:15:15

Chan

Got it to download and install! big_smile

#12 2020-02-04 10:11:05

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Great!!  Nice work Chan..sorry about the download issues.  Glad you've got it now :-).

#13 2023-08-09 07:01:00

stevediaz

Hello

As above i also have macOS Catalina, and I want to download epic browser on my mac from iTunes mac store, but I can't download, I got an error code "iTunes Error code 4013"  and now after few update https://appletechnicalsupportnumbers.co … rror-4013/  epic browser working properly on my macOS,

Thank you
Steve diaz
SAP Analytics Cloud

Last edited by stevediaz (2023-08-09 07:02:34)

#14 2023-08-10 14:38:31

alok_epicteam
Administrator

You may have downloaded the wrong version of Epic for your processor -- try both the Intel and Arm based versions of Epic...one should install!

Board footer