Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2021-03-05 15:24:01

Toni Cam

Failure to find EPB anyway following install

Hi,  various sites considered trustworthy rated Epic Private Browser as safe and confirmed it works in Windows XP.
So I downloaded the .exe file, then installed it, allowing it to be online in my firewall.

It showed zero progress information, gave no options at all but as information had said it is customisable once installed, I didn't try to stop it.  Then it said it had completed/finished.

Nil further action since and unable to find it, never mind use it!

No icon on the desktop.
No Epic in the start menu.
No Epic in the programmes list.

I did a few other things, giving it time, but still no sign of it being on the system.

No Epic in the add/remove programmes list nor in CCleaner's equivalent.

BUT it is there, as I found Epic files in the registry.  However, deleting those is likely to leave with many still on (to avoid risking deletion of non-Epic files!  Unfortunately registry never shows the install date.)

So - NIL access yet it has filled my computer with files and NO uninstal as it can't be found to do so!!

WHY?   Too late for the need I had today, but if unable to use it (perhaps the info it is compatible was pre withdrawal of flash in Dec.?) then I would very like to uninstal it!  Short of pulling the plug (literally) instead of shutting-down (which probably won't lose it anyway) - and not yet risking rebooting, as it looses that slight hope.

Meantime, I've blocked it in Zone Alarm, just in case!    Ideally, hope it can be workable.  If not, how to uninstall please? 

Thank you.

#2 2021-03-05 22:06:34

Proxy1
Administrator

Re: Failure to find EPB anyway following install

In windows there is an uninstaller I believe.

Just search in the forum "uninstall Epic"as I believe there is a post from  Alok to confirm the veracity of my tip.

In MacOS just drag the icon to the trash. I hope this helps.

#3 2021-03-06 04:18:05

Toni Cam

Thank you for responding.  As noted earlier, Epic doesn't show in the programme list for uninstaller to locate and act on, so I am as unable to uninstal as to use it.

I have found a folder it installed in docs & settings but with no files (I turned on making hidden operating files visible) so it would appear it failed to instal - and has put the folder in the wrong place (it's not the section where other browsers installed though windows insistance on  multiple users never helps single users).

#4 2021-03-06 15:56:56

Proxy1
Administrator

Toni,
Delete the folder if  you wish if it has EPIC or Hidden Reflex  in it and change  the download location I.E. applications etc. See if that works.
Then re download your version of Epic. Good luck.

#5 2021-03-07 13:44:58

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Chromium no longer supports XP so the last few versions of Epic won't work on Windows XP...and the latest Epic probably won't work on Win7 :-(.

Board footer