Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2021-03-04 12:20:43

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Can't install extansions from official Epic Web Store

One user reported that turning off his VPN then installing the extension from the Epic Webstore worked.  So please make sure Epic's encrypted proxy and any VPN on your system are all turned off before installing an extension.

#2 2021-03-15 21:45:42

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: Can't install extansions from official Epic Web Store

Actually I think this is the issue.  I tested it and it both created the issue then solved the issue for me.  If you have Downloads set to "Ask me where to save" in Epic's Preferences/Settings, for some reason extensions won't install.  Please uncheck that, then install the extensions, then you can re-check that setting.

I'm not sure why the extensions don't install when "Ask me where to download files to" is checked, but that seems to be interfering with extension installation.

You may also need to disable a VPN or Proxy -- but so far, the encrypted proxy did not interfere with installing extensions in our testing, only that download location setting did.

Board footer