Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2021-05-03 12:02:26

adriaan

"Hitting" into the privacy topic in the court of law

Dear Epic, dear other forum guests,

There is this case I have in the court of law in the Netherlands, the EU.

In this case, all of a sudden, out of nowhere the whole privacy issue comes up. In a case that is about something else basically. Though this case, if it works in it's full extent, it is like a snowball. You will hear about it in the news some day. If I ever so come in the position, I will root out everything bad privacy. And it is known that it is no good, though these principles are sometimes prone to be tarnished. I am not saying it is sure it will ever come that far. In any case, I am interested in the topic. Possibly (I'm also not sure about this) I can start a case on itself about this. I was thinking about it before. Because of the information I have so far about tracking in general.

Is it true that in programming Epic, conclusion was that using a browser is closely related to the OS? So basically it's not possible to browse the internet without tracking because of the OS? Either Windows or Linux (or the Apple OS).

Not possible: I mean, it must first of all be known and understood before any change of that.

#2 2021-05-05 14:09:25

alok_epicteam
Administrator

Re: "Hitting" into the privacy topic in the court of law

Hi Adriaan, sort of. 

If the browser is running natively in the OS then the OS of course has some kind of access to what's going on and it's hard to be highly private from the O.S. though this also depends and there are different things that can done and different "leaks" depending on the OS. 

For strong privacy from the O.S., the best solution is to run the browser in a virtual machine...so then the browser runs in an OS in the OS.

Board footer