Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2021-08-01 06:43:19

Akash

SEARCH ENGINE

Literally guys Yahoo search engine is the worst ever..plz add duck duck go or other .
I know you contact duck duck go but they did not explain how they work etc......But I know epic is made for privacy but what about user comfort..
Plz give option it is my greatest demand plzz

#2 2021-08-01 08:58:12

Proxy1
Administrator

Re: SEARCH ENGINE

If you click on command T, you get a new window, there are 15 spaces to add url's for I.E. "Duck Duck go" or any other choice. This is useful for users unaware of it. You may also go to settings/appearance/home button and enter "Duck Duck go" or any other choice.

I hope this will help! Good luck.

#3 2021-08-07 11:09:10

alok_epicteam
Administrator

As we've said many times it is impossible for us legally or ethically to work with a company that makes privacy claims which are dubious which it refuses to explain -- so we can't work with duckduckgo.  Both Yahoo and DuckDuckGo are powered by Bing results so they have the exact same search results.  We hope to migrate to Yahoo's transparent private search engine soon which is actually is trustworthy.

#4 2021-08-29 15:21:52

kokobell616

Proxy1 wrote:

If you click on command T, you get a new window, there are 15 spaces to add url's for I.E. "Duck Duck go" or any other choice. This is useful for users unaware of it. You may also go to settings/appearance/home button and enter "Duck Duck go" or any other choice.

I hope this will help! Good luck.

This post helped me add duckduckgo so I can safely search the internet. The combination of Epic Browser and DuckDuckGo Is what the internet should have always been.
Thanks

#5 2021-08-29 18:18:32

Proxy1
Administrator

Thanks for the compliment!

#6 2021-09-24 03:36:46

Gordo

I just got Epic and would like to pay for and use Epic search but can't figure out how to pay. Can someone please help me out here. I registered for it, just can't figure out how how to pay so I can use it. It says enter payment details in subscriptions section of my account but can't find that.

#7 2021-09-26 11:58:08

Proxy1
Administrator

If you enter this url https://epicsearch.in/ the necessary payment sign in should be there. Sorry for not getting to your query sooner.

Good luck!

#8 2021-11-26 19:58:09

thephilster

Hello there! I'm using another browser and am registered with epicsearch.  When I try to set epicsearch as the default browser, it has a field asking me: "URL with %s in place of query". Nothing I copy from an epicsearch line works, and it obviously requires a "%", won't let me save the default search engine without it.  Any ideas? Thanks! big_smile

-------
"All social problems have a technical solution. That solution may or may not be socially acceptable."

#9 2021-11-26 22:52:36

Proxy1
Administrator

If I understand you correctly you are using another browser, does that mean I.E. Safari or what. If you are not using EPIC I would understand why it doesn't function. What OS/version are you using? I don't understand your query and hope you can make it more specific.

I suggest you contact alok at hiddenreflex dot com.
Good luck.

#10 2021-12-09 19:34:18

Proxy1
Administrator

What operating system, version etc.?

Have you changed settings like javascript? Have you tried disabling the adblocker, restarting etc.? Also try disabling the proxy to login, then enable it.

#11 2021-12-29 04:28:01

alok_epicteam
Administrator

A 404 error is generally from the website itself (nothing to do with the browser).  You may want to disable adblock / the proxy for those sites then try reloading them. 

Chrome should include EpicSearch in its list of search engines so that it's easy to set it to default search...were you entering that for Firefox?   Safari doesn't let you change the default search.

#12 2023-07-25 21:35:35

alok_epicteam
Administrator

You can set DuckDuckGo but it's ambiguous if you have "enhanced privacy".  We've tried to work with them for years, but forget about privacy, they refuse even transparency unfortunately.

Board footer