Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-09-15 16:19:16

eye4bear

Refusing to download

I am running Windows 8.1 on a standard PC yet Epic keeps giving me an error message that says it is only available for Mac/PC. Seems like a bug in your download servers.

#2 2013-09-16 04:56:59

alok
Administrator

Re: Refusing to download

Hmmm yes it does sound like an error - we were going to put links up on that page as well to download Epic, sorry about that!  Email me and I can email you the install file it's under 2 MB - alok at hiddenreflex dot com

Thanks!!

#3 2013-09-16 08:04:57

sai

Hi eye4bear,

We've fixed the script for windows 8.1, Thank You for reporting the bug...! You can try downloading now

#4 2013-10-29 14:59:56

dorisfoster

I am having a problem listening to a radio station, I get an error message that says "error loading player, no playable sources found", it was working okay on Chrome just a few moments ago.
Thanks
Doris

#5 2013-11-06 19:48:39

thefsm

eye4bear wrote:

I am running Windows 8.1 on a standard PC yet Epic keeps giving me an error message that says it is only available for Mac/PC. Seems like a bug in your download servers.

I have this exact same problem.  I tried downloading using two different Windows 7 machines (Dell and Asus desktop) using both Opera and Firefox.  DENIED.

So I tried to register on the forums to ask how to download the file and I was told I could not register because my IP address is listed as a spammer.  I think I send about 2 or 3 emails per day, so I must suck as a spammer.

I use a VPN for PRIVACY - the same thing that Epic Browser is supposed to be supporting!!   I had to turn off the VPN to download this browser and to register to the forums to report this issue.

#6 2013-11-28 06:01:27

alok
Administrator

Doris -- please let us know which radio site and we'll investigate!  In case the proxy is on, try turning it off and see if the site works.  Also, does flash work i.e. is youtube working fine in Epic for you?

thefsm -- sorry about all the problems!!  Were you able to download Epic?  Does our site now give you the option?  Our forum software is a bit finicky -- probably most forums are given how often abuse/spam happens!  We believe that what you browse & search should ALWAYS be private and that's our mission -- but when it comes to writing/contributing, it's not the case (already threats were made in this forum!!) though we'll try to make things a bit easier (sorry again for the hassles but welcome to the community!!).

Board footer