Announcement

Epic for iOS and Android are live in the App Store and the Android Play Store. We're EpicBrowser on Twitter and on Facebook. Please feel free to also email our Founder directly with issues or questions: alok at hiddenreflex dot com

#1 2013-10-29 20:35:33

rexzooly

Proxy enabled bug

I am having a problem with websites and when the proxy is enabled, I had to disable it to make it work what kind of makes it pointless.

RvatFOp.png

I know when using a proxy it can brake things but when you trying to make a browser for people to use a proxy should be set up right so it at lest shows the websites right smile

I hope this software is going to grow and I hope you find ways to do this without a proxy as NO proxy will be there for ever finding means to get around things without a proxy would be better, I know this is not possible right now but I hope you guys are looking in to means without the need of a proxy.

#2 2014-02-19 14:37:42

alok
Administrator

Re: Proxy enabled bug

So sorry for the late reply here.

Thanks so much for your support and feedback and for posting this bug.  You're right, a number of sites are not having their styling loading under the proxy.  We're working on fixing this!! 

We expect to be using a proxy or other VPN-type service for a long time as that's the only way to have a high level of privacy online at this point.  For the internet as is, to have strong privacy, a proxy or VPN will be necessary for quite awhile!! 

There are other proposals for a more decentralized internet and such which could solve this problem though...we're open and excited by them as well!

Board footer